Red and Howling Shop Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find out about sales, discounts and special deals?
I announce sales, specials and new product offerings throughout the year on all of my official channels, but I always send this info first
to my Newsletter
Where do you Ship from?
I pack and ship from my Virginia, U.S. studio. I pack carefully, thoughtfully & with love! Nothing is outsourced. I'm a quality fanatic & everything you purchase is illustrated, designed & sourced by me!
Everything is produced in-house or by small, ethical companies. My mugs are hand-printed in Pennsylvania; keychains are made in Ohio; stickers are made in Colorado; calendars & cards are printed on recycled paper in Canada; handbags & pillows are made in Canada; and t-shirts/sweatshirts/are printed by me in my studio!
Why don't you offer FREE shipping?
During limited times of the year, I do offer free shipping over a certain order value.
I am a small business that donates a portion of my profits to animal rescue, so it is hard for me to offer reduced shipping rates and/or free shipping like many big box stores who can absorb extra fees because they focus on volume, not quality.
"Do you ship to X, and how much will it cost if I buy X?"
I ship to most countries and locales all around the world, and shipping charges are calculated by weight and distance from Virginia. The quickest and easiest way to get the EXACT shipping cost for your order is to add items to your cart, and begin the checkout process - there you will be able to enter your address, and find out exact shipping costs before you finalize and pay for your order. You can then easily add, remove or replace items in your cart to see how your shipping costs are affected.
U.S. SHIPPING RATES
USPS requires that parcels over 1lb. must ship Priority and cannot ship First Class. My shipping rates are weight-based & taken directly from UPS and USPS charts. Once your package reaches 3 to 4lbs, I ship UPS and shipping rates are more economical for you (PO Box addresses ship USPS only).
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES:
International orders ALWAYS ship with a free gift (Free gift examples: sticker set, coasters, keychain). I'm sorry shipping is expensive—I charge customers what the carriers charge me. Here is a tip! 8oz up to 2lbs is the SAME shipping cost ($23 US approx.). Orders under 8oz are $15 US (approx.) to ship. Items under 8 oz. include: keychains, mini calendar, 1 set of cards, and coaster set.
Most parcels take 7-14 business days to arrive, but some packages can take 21+. Once your package arrives in your country, your local postal carrier and Customs handle your package. Customs sometimes can delay a package, but most parcels get through to you quickly!
International customers are responsible for any Taxes and Import Duties. In my experience, most parcels arrive at your doorstep without any duties or fees required.
What Size should I Get?
Every garment on my shop has a Size Chart, so please compare this with a favorite t-shirt/sweatshirt. I carry Unisex, Women's and Plus sizes (Curvy), so you should be able to find the perfect fit! I carry Small up to 4XL & Curvy 1 thru 4. If you still cannot decide on sizing, I can provide more details or assistance😀. I'm happy to help!
Help! An item is Out of Stock!
Which item is out of stock? (often items ARE in stock, but I've not updated the inventory on the shop, so please let me know).
Looking for a piece of my art that isn't available in my shop? Let me know, and I may make it available as a print, a greeting card, etc.
When & How Will My Order Ship?
• I sometimes reuse shipping boxes that are clean and sturdy, to reduce waste.
• Orders are packed with love and care by me in my Virginia studio.
• I'm a one person operation (sometimes "two" when I can convince my busy composer/musician hubby to jump in and help), so please understand that I don't ship as fast as Amazon. After you place your order it takes a few days on my end to process your order, but I often ship more quickly.
• Need your order faster for a special occasion? Please email:
and I will try to accommodate you.
You can change to your currency with the currency selector on the top or the bottom of each page.
I want you to be happy, so please email me with any issues. I do not issue refunds, but you may exchange any unworn/unused item within 30 days. Customer is responsible for return shipping.
Find a Missing Package That Shows As "Delivered":
If your tracking information shows that your package has been delivered, but you can't find it:Before contacting Red & Howling Shop, please:
- Verify that the shipping address is correct (check the order confirmation email from my shop)
- Look around the delivery location for your package (R&H customers have found packages under a bench, in a bush, with a neighbor, etc.)
- Look for a notice of attempted delivery
- Find out if someone else (neighbor / roommate/ other household member) may have accepted the delivery
- Ask your carrier about the missing package
- Wait at least 48 hours - in some cases packages may register as “delivered” 3 or more business days prior to arrival! Online systems don't always show details in real time